About NEET (UG) 2023
The National Testing Agency (NTA) was established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), now the Ministry of Education (MoE), Government of India (GOI), as a leading testing organisation for conducting effective, credible, and international standard exams to determine the competency of applicants for admission to prestigious higher academic institutions.
The NEET 2023 is a national-level entrance examination for enrollment in MBBS, BDS, AYUSH, and other nursing programmes offered by Indian medical institutions and universities. The NEET 2023 test will be held in May 2023 by the National Testing Agency (NTA). Candidates can apply using their NEET results for admission to the MBBS/BDS and AYUSH programmes at several reputed private and government medical institutes in India. Additionally, renowned medical institutions like AIIMS, JIPMER, AFMC, etc., offer admissions.
NEET 2023 Application Process
The NEET (UG) 2023 application form will be accessible online only from the NEET official website. Candidates must carefully and accurately complete all required fields, including personal, academic, domicile, and contact information.
Candidates must upload scanned copies of their photograph, signature, and index finger impression after filling out the required information.
Make the required financial payments online and offline for the effective submission of the NEET application form 2023. Remember to print the confirmation page of the application form for your own use.
The NEET 2023 exam is scheduled to take place in May 2023, and the application form is expected to be available starting in the first week of December 2022.
Candidates must register themselves to apply for the exam. The login information will be emailed to the registered mobile number and email address after the NEET registration process is complete. Candidates must log in and complete the NEET application form using these credentials.
NEET 2023 Eligibility
Before submitting an application for the exam, interested students should review the NEET 2023 eligibility requirements. Below are the specifics of the NEET 2023 eligibility requirements:
- Indian citizens are eligible. Candidates who are OCI/NRI may also be eligible to apply.
- On the basis of self-declaration, candidates from the states of J&K, AP, and Telangana are eligible to apply for seats under the 15% All India Quota.
- At the time of admission or before December 31 of the admission year, the applicant must be at least 17 years old.
- There is no maximum age limit for NEET applicants.
- Candidates should have passed a 12th-grade exam or an equivalent with Chemistry, Physics, Biology/Biotechnology, and English as required subjects.
- They must obtain at least 50% passing marks in the qualifying test (45% for general-PH applicants and 40% for SC/ST and OBC candidates).
- Candidates taking the 12th-grade examinations in 2023 are also eligible to apply for NEET.
- According to MCI requirements, students planning to enrol in medical colleges in India after receiving their education abroad must have completed their 12th grade with 50% or higher in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English.
NEET 2023 Preparation Tips
NEET is one of India’s toughest competitive entrance exams. To pass the NEET-UG exam, candidates must adhere to suitable timetable advice and strategies.
To prepare for the NEET exam, look for a reputable tutoring facility. Several training centres give NEET 2023 test preparation. However, it would help if candidates contrast them based on the educational standards, reading materials, class schedules, and cost. They can enrol in trial lessons to help locate the best coaching facility.
NEET 2023 preparation is also possible without coaching. Applicants can download last year NEET question papers for practice. The following are significant implications of NEET previous years’ questions:
- The questions in previous years’ exam papers are similar to the ones in the NEET. As a result, this question bank is the most reliable.
- The NEET question paper from the previous year should be completed within the allotted time. This is the most effective method of getting ready for the National Medical Exam.
- The NEET exam question papers help learn improvement in addition to exam preparation.
- Applicants will perform better if they prepare the NEET-solved problems thoroughly. As a result, they stand a better chance of getting accepted to their preferred MBBS, BAMS, BDS, BUMS, BSMS, or BHMS college.
Stay tuned to BYJU’S NEET for more information.