If you aspire to join the top engineering colleges in India, then you must have heard about the JEE exam. To get admission into the Indian Institute of Technology popularly known as IITs you have to score very high. Undoubtedly, IIT JEE is one of the toughest and most challenging exams in India. It requires a lot of dedication and hard work to get admission into a good engineering college, every second of your time is valuable during your preparation journey. One of the biggest challenges students face during their preparation is how to make a dedicated study schedule. Well, do not worry anymore because we are here to help you out.
In this article, we are going to discuss in detail how you should create a study schedule or timetable for your JEE preparation. We will also take a look at IIT JEE coaching Srinagar. Some of the other topics covered in the article are the following:
Table of Content
Before we dive deep into how to prepare for JEE, let us take a brief look at what the exam is all about. So, JEE or IIT JEE stands for the Indian Institute of Technology Joint Entrance Examination. It is a national-level exam for undergraduate students. It has two stages- JEE Mains and JEE Advanced. Once you appear for these exams, a merit list is rolled out based on your scores and your merit rank will decide in which college you can take admission. Once you successfully give JEE, you get admission into IITs, NITs, IIITs, and other top engineering colleges in India.
Importance Of A Study Schedule
We all know that competitive exams require a lot of our time and when it comes to JEE the first thing that comes to our mind is the fierce competition. You have to devote your preparation period completely to studying if you want to score good marks in JEE. However, if you do not have a clear timetable or study schedule you may end up wasting a lot of your potential time. For completing your syllabus on time, you should have a study strategy otherwise it will be very difficult to achieve high marks. A study schedule makes you utilize all of your time efficiently and also gives you flexibility while preparing.
How To Make A Dedicated Study Schedule?
Now coming to the main concern of the article, we will discuss in this section how you should create an ideal study schedule. We have already understood its importance and trust me there is no better feeling than being organized. A study schedule keeps your preparation strategy on track and has many other direct and indirect benefits.
So without any further delay let us take a look at the process of creating an ideal JEE preparation study schedule.
- Understand the syllabus: The first thing you need to do to win this battle is understand the syllabus. Thorough knowledge of the JEE syllabus is essential for preparing the study schedule. You will divide your time according to the syllabus and important topics in it. The syllabus will give you the weightage of different subjects also.
- Know the exam pattern: To better understand what the exam demands you should acquaint yourself with its exam pattern. To understand this you can take a look at previous year’s question papers. It will give you an idea about what types of questions are asked and what are the most important topics which are recurrent.
- Assess your abilities: Now you have understood the exam properly, it is time to assess yourself. Check your prior knowledge and abilities in the subject that are asked in the JEE exam. Physics, chemistry, and maths are the major subjects for this exam. Now check your base in these subjects, if you have a weak base you will need extra time.
- Divide your time: It is the most important step in creating the study schedule. You have to divide your time according to the important topics which have more weightage in the exam. You also need to allot time to the weak areas which you assessed in the previous step. It is important to divide your time in such a way that you give time to every subject.
- Set achievable goals: Now you will have to set a specific period of time for a specific portion of the syllabus to be completed. It is important to set achievable and practical goals. Do not think about completing the whole chemistry portion in 15 days. It will not sustain your study plan.
- Revision Plan: For any competitive exam, revision is the key to success. You have to set a specific period at the end of your preparation only for revision. It is also important to revise regularly during the preparation. You can revise weekly and monthly. Keep Sundays for revision.
- Breaks and rest: You may feel burned out when you study for long hours, so it is very important to take rest in between. Take breaks after every study session. Also, find some time to do activities that help in reducing your stress, like watching a short movie, drawing, cooking, etc.
- Practice time: It is crucial to check your progress and assess your knowledge. So include slots for practice in your study schedule. You can practice from previous years, mock tests, and sample papers.
- Avoid distractions: Not only creating a good study schedule will make you the topper of JEE but you will have to follow it also. Follow your study plan or schedule very sincerely and with the utmost discipline. Remove all the distractions from your room, like your phone while studying, television, etc. Stay away from social media if possible.
Coaching can be very crucial for IIT JEE preparation as it provides you with a structured plan, good study material, and expert advice.
If you are from Srinagar and looking for JEE coaching then there are many options available to you. IIT JEE coaching Srinagar can prove very beneficial to you and boost your preparation in many ways. You can search for the best JEE coaching in Srinagar on the Internet easily. Many renowned coaching centers also have branches in Srinagar.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is it very hard to score good marks in IIT JEE?
Yes, it is challenging but you can score good marks by following a dedicated study schedule and using the right study resources.
2. How to choose the best JEE coaching in Srinagar?
You can choose the best JEE coaching by examining the teaching quality, study materials, location, and reviews of the coaching institute.